Saturday, June 30, 2012

30 Day Korean Drama Challenge: Day 8


    Your Favorite Line/s by a Female Lead Character

     I couldn't decide on just one quote as my favorite so I chose two.
 



My dream. . .my dream is to go all the way across this bridge. Beyond this bridge is outside of our jurisdiction. I can't drive this car to cross it. If I did, it would be a violation of policy. But, do you know that. . .there isn't anything special on the other side of the bridge. That, I know. I know. But when I'm on duty driving the patrol car and I stop by there. . . I feel like I'm going crazy. I feel like I want to charge out.”-Bong Sun (Me To, Flower!)

 This first quote may not make sense to you if you haven't watched Me Too, Flower! or know what it's about. Bong Sun is stuck in the past. Her inability to forgive has caused her to grow angry and cold as well as keep her from moving forward into her future. The bridge is a physical representation of her desire to move on with her life. I've always been fascinated by dreams and their meanings. I have had the same dream at least once every few weeks as far back as I can remember-I fall off from high place, usually a cliff of some sort, and I fall for a few minutes before I hit the ground. Yes, I hit the ground and I always have when I have this dream. .Falling in dreams supposedly means that the person has no control in their lives which is true in several areas of my mine. I really like the fact that she has externalized her emotions. Her dream is quite simple but accomplishing it is a bit more difficult.

   

 
We still don’t have a single wedding photo. But we live every day, loving and being loved, living a magical life. Maybe being in love is a lot like swapping souls. May your soul have flowers that bloom, a cool breeze, a shining sun, and… once in a while, a magical rain that falls.” – Ra Im (Secret Garden)

   I know, I'm killing you with my Secret Garden obsession. This show has so many great lines that it's hard to resist using it. Another thing that I love about Secret Garden is how great the ending was. I felt completely satisfied by where the characters ended up which is sometimes not the case with other dramas. This is the line that Ra Im speaks at the end of the last episode.




Honorable Mentions:





When I grew older, I thought I would become an even more special person. But, it’s not true. I eat more and I know a lot more things but I just become more pathetic. Is this what it’s like to grow old?” — Eun Bi (Flower Boy Ramyun Shop)



It doesn’t matter who, but everyone has a dark time in their life. I think that everyone has at least one thing from the past they want to bury. – Eun Seol (Protect the Boss)


Someone once said, that love is letting someone misunderstand you, because that causes them less pain. If you love someone so much, even if you had misunderstood, you wouldn’t explain. You don’t want to hurt that person. You’d rather that person not get hurt, even if you get misunderstood.” – Ji Hyun (49 Days)


This today of yours is the precious tomorrow of someone who passed away yesterday.” -JiHyun (49 Days)


Can you hear me? While you’ve been away, I’ve thought of you every day — but why do I only remember us fighting? Still, isn’t it odd? I only remember us fighting and getting mad all the time, but when I think about you, I laugh. You’re okay, right? When are you going to come back and fight with me?” – Jan Di (Boys Over Flowers)


I came to find your heart. I didn’t lose it on purpose “-Jan Di (Boys Over Flowers)


Whenever the emergency bell rings in my heart, you always appear. “-Jan Di (Boys Over Flowers)


I hope you will change your thinking that commoners’ pride can be bought with money. People’s hearts can’t be bought either.” -Jan Di (Boys Over Flowers)


I can see really far and hear very well, but since I can’t see or hear you, you must really be far away. I’ve been living for so long that I didn’t know how time flowed, but after I met you my heart began to tell time. While I was with you, I would think, ‘Just a little longer’ while the time passed really quickly. But without you, time goes so slowly as I think, ‘I miss you.’ You know what? It feels like my heart has been bewitched by you and counts time all on its own.” – Mi-ho (My Girlfriend is a Gumiho)


The body asks the heart, if I am in pain the doctor will cure me, but if you are in pain, who is going to cure you? The heart replies, only I can cure myself. Maybe that’s why, every person has their own way of healing the pain in their hearts. Drinking, singing, throwing a tantrum, crying, laughing, talking to a friend, traveling, running a marathon. The worst thing to do is to ignore the pain in the heart.” – Sam Soon (My Lovely Sam Soon)


A person’s feelings don’t have one answer like a math problem.” – Ha Ni (Playful Kiss)


I’ll just live for today. For this moment, this day. That’s enough. Without regrets.” – Yeon Jae (Scent of a Woman)


Han Kyul told me not to work at the coffee anymore. But I don’t want to give up my job there. Because… I need the money – that’s an excuse… I love coffee too much – that’s an excuse too. It’s so warm and great that I almost forgot that I’m in a lie. Now I know I made a mistake. But I’m always hoping he’s there with me, always wishing he would like only me. I’m not a guy nor a girl. And I’m too scared to tell him.” – Eun Chan (Coffee Prince)


I told myself I couldn’t see you, but you’re someone who draws the eye. But if I see you, it hurts and makes things tough for me. After only living at the convent, I came to live in this land of stars and was hit by electricity and lost my senses. I flew up right into the heavens and then crashed down to the ground. Fireworks exploded in my head and in one moment a thundering rainstorm crashed down on me. Since I’ve left this star-land, I saw the path I am to live. I would have to leave the star-land and just watch it from afar. If I see the brightest-shining star close up, it’s so blinding to the eyes that it hurts. That is why I am going to go far away.”– Mi Nam (You're Beautiful)


You can’t even see anything properly! You’re well-off on your own, so bright on your own that those around you can’t see in the dark! You can’t see anything properly and you don’t know anything, so why are you acting like this? Why are you angry with me, who’s just trying to endure? Just leave me in the dark. Who asked for you to look at me?” – Mi Nam (You're Beautiful)


You can take care of her, because I’ll be taking care of you.” -Ji Eun (Full House)


I really wanted to change after I fell for him. . . at the same time I wondered why can't he like me for who I am?”-Eun Jae (Wild Romance)



Sources: Asiandramaquotes.wordpress.com, Kdramaquotes.wordress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment