Friday, June 29, 2012

30 Day Korean Drama Challenge: Day 7



Your Favorite Line/s by a Male Lead Character







     Most of my favorite quotes are from Secret Garden and spoken by Joo Won. My favorite lines from the show come from the letter that Joo Won writes to Ra Im and when he is sitting in the car with her before driving into the storm. There are a lot of fantastic lines in this show but the letter and car scene are my favorite because of their emotional poignancy. Joo Won is writing the letter after he decided to switch bodies with Ra Im so she could live while he entered an eternal slumber-basically giving up his life for her. 



Don't ever love any other guy, you live alone just thinking of me. Don't get too close with Choi Woo Yeong (Oska) either. That would be incest. Throughout my whole life, this may be the most selfish choice.” – Joo Won


I hope you’ll see the things I see. You’ll stand at the window where I stand, and lie down in the bed where I lie down, and read the books I read. If we could be together, even in that way… then that’s enough. Let’s think of it as being together. That’s enough for us to consider ourselves as happy as other lovers. – Joo Won


More great lines from Secret Garden


She drives like a car racer. If she witnesses someone’s purse being snatched, someone she’s never met in her life, she’ll throw fists. She has no money and her body is covered in scars, but she doesn’t want to spend even one second of one minute with people like us. She’s that kind of woman. I’ve never seen a woman as cool as her. That… is my answer.” – Joo Won


Since what age did you become so pretty?” – Joo Won


All around the world there are 230 countries, and among those people I can speak 5 languages. Nevertheless, I can’t find the exact word to define our relationship.” – Joo Won


Open your eyes. You did something strange and stole my heart, you made me drink something strange and stole my body, showed up at someone else’s party and stole even my lips. If it wasn't for that, there is no reason for you to look so pretty in my eyes.” – Joo Won


Do you need more miracles? There was already a miracle. A woman with no decent family background, no money, no good looks, is someone very special to someone who has everything. Isn’t that a miracle? Be honest. When I was clinging on to you, I know you said “go away, disappear”, but inside you were going KYA!!! Right?” – Joo Won


You’re really pretty when you’re mad.” – Joo Won


I’m thinking of doing everything now, including this stupid act of waiting for someone in front of their house so you should do the same. You have no thoughts of becoming the little mermaid, so that’s why I’ll be come the little mermaid instead. I’ll be right next to you as if I am not there and disappear like foam. So right now, I am the one shamelessly hanging on to you.” – Joo Won




Sources: Asiandramaquotes.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment