Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Adventures In Dramaland

I will do an update every few weeks about the dramas I'm currently watching and what I think of them so far. I tend to jump around a lot so I am currently working on quite a few.

Me Too, Flower! (2011) Korean drama starring Lee Ji Ah and Yoon Shi-yoon. I am on the 12th episode out of 15 so I am almost done with this one and I really love it-although I still don't understand the title. It's about a female police officer who's depressed and a rich man who's tormented by his past. I really admire the fact that this drama deals so openly with the subject of depression-it's a main theme within the show. I plan to do a more in-depth review soon but I highly recommend watching this one. Watching this on dramafever.com


Scent of a Woman (2011) Korean drama starring Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dong Wook. I freaking love both of these actors and I have been trying to watch all the dramas and movies that they have been. The plot centers on a woman who has just discovered that she has cancer and her doctor only expects her to live for about 6 more months. She decides to quit her job and fulfill her bucket list before time runs out. I'm on episode 8 out of 16 so I'm halfway done and I've already shed a few tears. I've read from other reviewers that this drama loses steam about halfway through but I have faith in Sun Ah so I'll see it through.


Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (2011) Korean drama starring Lee Chung Ah and Jung Il Woo. The story focuses on a graduate student trying to run a ramyun shop and a rich high school student that works there. This is a really hyped show and I find that most of the time nothing can live up to it's praises. I am on episode 5 out of 16 and I am enjoying it so far. It's funny but it also has depth, I really didn't expect to be crying during the 3rd episode. I withhold judgment until it's finished but I don't love it yet. Watching this on Hulu.


Protect the Boss (2011) Korean drama starring Choi Kang Hee and Ji Sung. A woman becomes the secretary of an eccentric and immature director at a company who quickly falls in love with her. I am on episode 11 out of 18 and this show is actually really funny. I plan to do a full review when I complete it. Watching it on Netflix.


Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy/Hello My Teacher (2005) Korean drama starring Gong Yoo and Gong Hyo Jin. A woman returns to the high school she was kicked out of 6 before to become a teacher. She gets the job on the condition that she watches over the principal's stepson. I'm on episode 4 out of 16 and I like it a lot. I am obsessed with Gong Yoo ever since watching him in Coffee Prince (fantastic show by the way) and he is equal parts funny and charming in this role as a high school student. Watching this on Mysoju.com.


Bottom of the 9th With 2 Outs/Two Outs in the Ninth Inning/ Two Outs, Bottom of the 9th Inning/ 9 Ends, 2 Outs (2007) Korean drama starring Park Soo Ae and Lee Jung Jin. The story follows a 30 year-old man and woman who have been best friends for years but their relationship becomes strained after they decide to live together. I just recently started this but I like it-you can never go wrong with a cohabitation drama. Watching this on dramafever.com.


Mars (2004) Taiwanese drama starring Barbie Hsu and Vic Chou from Meteor Garden. I read the manga years ago and really liked it but I was surprised to see a drama based on it considering the somewhat darker themes that you don't come across too much in dramaland-suicide, rape, mental illness, etc. I like it so far and I think Vic is really good in it. On episode 6 out of 21. Watching this on Youtube.

Fated to Love You (2008) Taiwanese drama starring Joan Chen and Ethan Juan.The plot centers around a young career woman who ends up sleeping with a total stranger while on a cruise-she took a lot of cold medicine and wandered into his room, he was drugged-and she ends up pregnant. I'm not sure what I think of it yet, I'm only on episode 4 out 21 so it might pick up. Watching this on Youtube.

Devil Beside You (2005) Taiwanese drama starring Rainie Lang and Mike He. The plot focuses on a high school girl who mistakenly gives a love letter to the wrong guy-a devil (basically a bad boy)-who turns out to be her future step-brother. Out of all the dramas that I am watching this one will be the hardest for me to finish. I am on episode 6 out of 20. I am not a fan Rainie Lang-she looks like she's 12 and her acting makes me cringe. She's in quite a few popular Taiwanese dramas but I won't be in a rush to watch those. Watching this on Youtube.

What I Plan on Watching Next:
 The King 2 Hearts
The Princess's Man
Queen In-Hyun's Man
City Hunter
Lie To Me
Best Love/Greatest Love
Big
I Do, I Do
A Gentlemen's Dignity

No comments:

Post a Comment