Wednesday, June 27, 2012

30 Day Korean Drama Challenge: Day 6



Your Favorite Song from a Korean Drama OST






   I actually spent a couple hours listening to every ost (official soundtrack) of all the dramas that I have watched. I love more than one song from each of these shows but I decided to narrow it down. There isn't a question asking what your least favorite song is so I just included that at the end of this post.



"Paradise" The Melody from Coffee Prince



    I know when I saw this question that I would choose a song from Coffee Prince, the hard part was deciding which one. This drama has the best soundtrack of any drama that I have watched-the songs are varied and unique and they are used perfectly throughout the show.




Honorable Mentions:





"That Man" Hyun Bin-Secret Garden







"Dreaming" Beast-Me Too, Flower!






"Because I Miss You" Jung Yong Hwa-Heartstrings






"Trap" No Min Woo-My Girlfriend is a Gumiho






"What Should I Do" Jang Geun Suk-You're Beautiful





Your Least Favorite from a Korean Drama OST


     I picked two songs and surprise surprise they are both from the same drama. The drama guilty of this crime is none other than Boys Over Flowers. BOF was the first drama that I ever watched and although I love it because of the awesome catastrophe that it is, the show is definitely lacking. One of it's biggest problem areas is the music-or should I say the lack thereof and usage. The two songs that I chose were quite easy to decide on because you hear them multiple times in almost every episode. Not only are these songs used far too many times but also in inappropriate situations-Gu Jun Pyo is getting beat to death, now is a good time to play "Paradise." These songs actually became a source of unintentional humor throughout the show. It got to the point where I and whoever was watching it with me would start dying of laughter every time one of the two songs were played.



"Paradise" T-Max  (Boys Over Flowers)






"Stand By Me" SHINee  (Boys Over Flowers)





No comments:

Post a Comment