Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises Reaction/Review



   This is a quick reaction/review to The Dark Knight Rises. This post contains spoilers
      I love Batman, I have loved Batman since I was a child. I have seen all the movies  and television shows about Batman. I have read and own numerous Batman comics. I loved Batman Begins and I adored The Dark Knight, but alas I was extremely disappointed in The Dark Knight Rises. One of the biggest problems with the movie for me was Bane. First off, I hated his voice and it was a huge distraction. It made his character come off as comical rather than menacing. It sounds like a wealthy, English cartoon character. The static-like element of his voice also made it hard for me to understand what he was saying a few times throughout the movie.Also, I didn’t really care for his speeches. The speeches made by villains in the past movie were philosophical and poignant. Bane’s speeches on the other hand were overly lengthy and repetitive. 
     I didn’t love the Catwoman character but she didn’t bother me as much as I was expecting. I liked the fact that they didn’t put her in a cat costume-her googles just look like ears when they are raised. I will say that I didn’t like the fact  that Wayne just decides to forgive her for basically being the catalyst for getting his back broke and being put in a prison.
     The overall plot became a bit convoluted-I felt like there was too much going on and too many characters. I didn’t like all the romance elements that they added-it just felt like too much to fast. I loved John Blake, he was my favorite character in the film. I also loved the ending, I felt like it was a pretty perfect way to conclude the movie. 
     I enjoyed the film but I didn’t love it nearly as much as the previous two films.7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment