Sunday, September 15, 2013

60 Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 6



Your Least Favorite Asian Drama




Devil Beside You


     Devil Beside You is a really popular Taiwanese drama and one of the few I've watched. I loved Meteor Garden but DBY really didn't cut it for me. Mike He was fine was Rainie Yang really bothered me-her overacting and comical facial expressions were a real turn off, like Jan Di on crack. I have since learned that that the ultra comical female leads are more common place in Taiwanese dramas hence why I haven't watched a lot more.



Personal Taste




     Lee Min Ho is a decent actor and he's quite handsome but that's not enough for me to suffer through this torture. Besides the boring script and glacial pace, the female lead was one of the worst I've ever seen. She was stupid, annoying and acted like a 5 year old (which made it even creepier when Min Ho starting treating her like one).



Delightful Girl, Choon Hyang



       Another super popular drama that I ended up not liking. This drama was really frustrating and I didn't like any of the lead characters which is always a bad sign. The male lead in DGCH is incredibly annoying and stupid, making me dislike the main couple and the drama entirely.



No comments:

Post a Comment