Wednesday, September 11, 2013

60 Day Asian Drama Challenge: Day 2



Your First Japanese Drama?



Hana Yori Dango

     You might begin to notice a pattern and that's because the first dramas I ever watched from Korea, Japan and Taiwan were Hana Yori Dango adaptations (kinda obsessed). Contrary to popular opinion, this is actually my least favorite version right after Let's Go Watch Meteor Garden. If I hadn't read the manga beforehand I think I would have enjoyed it more but I just didn't care for how condensed the story was. Important plot points were either left out entirely or combined with other story lines that just felt out of place. I loved the Makino and Domyouji in this version but the F4 wasn't as good as I'd hoped for. The second season was more enjoyable and I do think that this is a good drama, just not an amazing one.



No comments:

Post a Comment