Friday, December 13, 2013

Asian Drama Review: Heirs




Heirs

Score: 6/10



Country: South Korea
Number of  Episodes: 20
Episode Length: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Air Date: October 9, 2013

     Heirs was arguably the most hyped and anticipated drama of the year. It had a lot going for it-it starred Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye, was written by Kim Eun Sook (who wrote Secret Garden) and was being called the next Boys Over Flowers. It had so much potential but ultimately failed to live up to it's own hype. I felt that the cast was excessively large and there were too many characters, they are thrown into the mix but ultimately are not utilized well enough or their individual stories given enough focus. The plot was nothing new and combined with poor pacing made the drama a boring affair. There are cute and funny moments throughout but not enough to make up for all the negative aspects that brought the drama down. I really like Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye, I've seen them in a few dramas and I always enjoy their performances but I felt that they constantly play similar roles. I believe that they are capable of much better and I wish that they would take on more varied and challenging characters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment