Tuesday, May 7, 2013

52 Week Drama Challenge: Week 18


Personal Taste


Score: 5/10




     Since I began watching dramas, I have heard a lot about this one and have seen it on many favorites lists. Sadly, I have to disagree and chock this drama's popularity to the "Lee Min Ho" obsession. I like LMH quite a bit-I loved him in Boys Over Flowers and I liked him in City Hunter (another vastly overrated drama). I became a true fan after watching Faith-although the writing and story were weak the characters were really great. He is definitely the best part about this drama aside from the awesome secondary characters. I do have to admit that I really dislike the short pants he constantly wears and his hairstyle isn't my favorite in Personal Taste. My biggest gripe with this drama is the story and the female lead. It's boring, plain and simple. The synopsis sounds interesting and unique but the execution could have been much better. Stupid and timid female leads are commonplace in dramaland and Kae In is no exception. She is of the characters I liked the least and although she has great chemistry with Lee Min Ho, her personality made me not care that much about their relationship. This is a must watch for LMH fans but to anyone else, there are way better dramas to spend your time on.

No comments:

Post a Comment